Friday 22 June 2007

Race for Life - Sandwell Valley 2007


Well folks, have completed the Race for Life for a 2nd year running.  Not a huge accomplishment I know, but at least it means my months of training weren't in vain.  It was a extremely hot day again this year and my gps cut out half way round so probably not my best time ever but P reckon's I was in the top 100 finishers or if not then just outside.  That's fairly acceptable to me as there were about 3000 entrants.


Have decided to change my training technique though for the next few months so that I'm able to increase my distance and stamina.  I thought I'd get our hols out of the way tho first and then embark on my new schedule. I've entered another 5k (the Hydro Active Challenge) in Sepember but my ultimate aim is to also be able to complete a 10k before the end of the year.  I'll let you know how my progress is going.













No comments:

Post a Comment