Sunday 7 November 2010

The Gallery - Braving the Elements



This is my first post for Tara Cain's weekly post 'The Gallery'.  It's a little late but due to the fact that I love this pic so much I thought I'd post it on here anyway!


This photo was taken back in 2008 on our girls weekend to Tenby.  The weather was ...........in a word...........AWFUL!  Due to the fact that we 'always' walk South Beach we were determined to go ahead as usual.

Oh my God.......the picture says it all!  We could hardly stand up let alone pose for the photo. Our clothes were soaked, I had to hold onto my hat for fear it would blow away and Steph (on the left) didn't realise that her hat was perched on top of her head like an elf and none of us bothered to tell her! :)




I have to say we had to give in half way across and the journey in the other direction was much quicker as the wind was blowing from behind us!

I can't help but laugh every time I look at this photo and I've just had a little giggle to myself whilst typing this and reminiscing about how funny the whole thing was at the time.



2 comments:

  1. I love it! Great picture. I suspect (she says, looking out of the window) that the beach looks much like that today. I'm about 15 miles north of Tenby (although originally from Worcestershire).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so lucky to live over that way, I think it's beautiful! Nan used to live in Manorbier many years ago so all my childhood holidays were over there :)
    I live nr Birmingham so not that far from Worcestershire. Can't wait for our next girlie weekend to Tenby (regardless of the weather conditions!).

    ReplyDelete