Wednesday 6 October 2010

The Undertaker and the Teeth

Just thought I'd relay a funny story A told me as we sat in the Dentist waiting room this morning (for the 100th time!).

After her recent Grandad's funeral, A and I got into a conversation with the undertaker (who shall remain nameless for the purposes of this story).  We happened to be talking about school and mentioned the accident she'd had and the fact that she was waiting to have her tooth repaired.  The undertaker stated that he too had crowns in place but that his were on a 'plate' - basically false teeth!  At this point the conversation, as I knew it, came to an end.

'A' then mentioned this morning that later on during the afternoon she was just approaching the plate of chocolate eclairs when the undertaker appeared to resume his conversation with her.  He said "I shouldn't really do this in public!" and then swiftly pulled out his 'plate' to show her his array of lovely false teeth!!!!  Needless to say when she told me this story I completely cracked up, especially when she said that she didn't much fancy the chocolate eclair after, so put it back on the plate!


No comments:

Post a Comment